2019 Technical Program
The theme of the conference is The Changing Influences on Dams
and is to focus on challenges in dam design, construction and rehabilitation practices due to changes in environmental, technological, social, economic and regulatory requirements.
Delegates will have their choice of high-calibre papers being delivered under the following 10 technical themes:
- Design and Construction Practices in Response to Changing Influences on Dams
- Instrumentation and Performance Monitoring of Dams and Foundations
- Changes in Environmental Loading and Influences on Dams
- Investigations of Dams and Foundations
- Dam Rehabilitation and Upgrades
- Dam Breach Inundation Modeling and Assessment
- Mining Dams including Oil Sands Dams
- Performance of Dams under Seismic Loading
- Risk Assessments and Stakeholder Communications
- Application of Advanced Technology to Dam Safety
CDA received a record number of abstracts in 2019. Check back regularly to see what sessions will be offered on Monday, October 7.
Workshops – Tuesday, October 8
Workshops are included in the conference registration rate for full delegates. Delegates will be able to choose from a number of full day or half-day workshops. Space is limited for these, so register early so you’re not disappointed!
Individuals can register workshops only at a cost of $450 for a full-day workshop or $225 for a half-day workshop.
For more information about workshops being offered, please visit our workshop page.
Case Studies – Wednesday, October 9
Case studies are included in the conference registration rate for full delegates.
Individuals can attend the conference for Wednesday only by purchasing a one-day conference registration.
For more information about the case studies being offered, please visit our case studies page.