CDA is a member society of the Engineering Institute of Canada (EIC), the umbrella organization for engineering societies with particular focus on development and promotion of engineering careers and professional development. The vision of the EIC is “Engineering for a prosperous, safe and sustainable Canada”. The mission of the EIC is to:
Develop and promote continuing education.
Initiate and facilitate interdisciplinary activities and services.
Lead member societies in defining and building the future of engineering.
Advocate the values and benefits of engineering.
In addition with our involvement with ICOLD, we also have cooperative agreements with the following national and international organizations:
- Canadian Geotechnical Society (CGS)
- Ontario Waterpower Association (OWA)
- Malaysian Commission on Large Dams (MYCOLD)
- Moroccan Commission on Large Dams (Maroc COLD)
- Nigerian Commission on Large Dams (NICOLD)
- United States Society on Dams (USSD)