CDA 2018 Technical Program
The theme of the 2018 CDA Conference is "Managing Aging Dams, a Challenge for Owners and Professionals".
Call for Papers
CDA is seeking papers and presentations on the management and maintenance of dams of all types, including:
- Dam Safety Reviews;
- State of the practice and management challenges faced by aging dam owners;
- Design flood review;
- Spillway reliability;
- Temporary or permanent mitigation measures of safety deficiency;
- Materials, past and present;
- Instrumentation and auscultation of dams;
- Conflicting management of watersheds;
- Water management and temporary measures during construction;
- Numerical modelling;
- Risk analysis;
- Construction and maintenance: methods and case studies;
- Management and delivery of turnkey projects;
- Engineering of tailings dams;
- Obsolete dam decommissioning;
- Dam break analysis and inundation mapping;
- Emergency management and contingency planning;
- Public safety near dams — operational practices and considerations;
- State of practice for dam rehabilitation;
- Reconciling works and environment protection; and
- International advances in practice.
Authors who wish to submit papers are invited to submit abstracts of 300 to 500 words in English or French by March 2, 2018.
To learn more about abstract submission, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Call for Posters
Abstracts for the Poster Session to be held during CDA 2018 in Quebec City are due April 13. Please submit a summary of up to 500 words, in either English or French, using the new software for abstract / article management.
Posters will be on display October 15 and 16.