Volunteer Position Available
Young Professional Representative – International
CDA is looking for an enthusiastic Young Professional with an interest in dams and association activity, to lead the Young Professionals program at the ICOLD 2019 Meeting and Symposium in Ottawa. As part of the preparation for ICOLD 2019, this person will be a:
1. Member of CDA’s ICOLD 2019 Steering Committee
a. Attend about three in-person all-day meetings per year, in central location in Canada
b. Attend several teleconference meetings
c. Lead Young Professionals sub-committee to organize activities at ICOLD 2019
2. Member of ICOLD’s Young Professionals Committee
a. Attend 2017 Annual Meeting and Symposium in Prague, July 3-7, 2017
b. Attend 2018 Annual Meeting and Congress in Vienna, June 29-July 7, 2018
3. Member of CDA’s Young Professionals Committee
a. Provide communication/liaison between CDA and ICOLD committees
b. Attend CDA conferences in Kelowna (Oct. 2017) and Quebec City (Oct. 2018)
In addition to the time required to attend the above meetings, it is expected that the commitment would not exceed 10 hours per month on average.
While this is not a paid position, CDA will reimburse reasonable expenses for travel, accommodation and registration fees associated with attendance at:
• ICOLD 2019 Steering Committee meetings
• ICOLD 2017 meeting in Prague
• ICOLD 2018 meeting in Vienna
• ICOLD 2019 meeting in Ottawa
The individual (or employer) is to provide
• Time to fulfill the duties, including travel and attendance at above meetings
• Travel, accommodation and registration at annual CDA conferences in 2017 and 2018
• Born in 1983 or later (to meet ICOLD criteria for eligibility as Young Professional)
• Resident of Canada
• Member of CDA
• Provide a letter of application describing your engagement in CDA, background in the dam industry, curriculum vitae, and any relevant volunteer or other experience
• Provide a letter from your employer, indicating their support for the employee by allowing appropriate time and any funding to fulfill expectations, including time to travel as required
• Be available for a telephone interview
Applicants and their employers should recognize that this is a career-enhancing opportunity!
Please submit your application or expression of interest to email@example.com at the earliest opportunity and no later than November 15, 2016.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Executive Director Don Butcher at email@example.com.