CDA seeks Training and Professional Development Manager
The Canadian Dam Association (CDA) is seeking applicants from individuals for the position of Training and Professional Development Manager.
The Training and Professional Development Manager (the ‘position’) primarily supports the Canadian Dam Association’s Professional Development Committee in fulfilling its mandate.
The position will be based on a personal services contract with the CDA, reporting to the CDA Executive Director.
The position has the following responsibilities:
1) Assists in the identification of the training and professional development needs of the dam industry.
2) Prepares and proposes a three- to five-year professional development plan with key performance indicators and budget for approval by the Board of Directors.
3) Manages delivery of the professional development plan.
4) Reviews and implements standards/guidelines for CDA training products. CDA training currently consists of in-person workshops but will be expanded with this new position.
5) Works with the technical committees and working groups to develop training products and qualified instructors.
6) Works with the Executive Director to report on the professional development program, including scoring of key performance indicators and financial results.
7) Provides continuity for the technical program and workshops at CDA annual conferences by serving on and providing direction to the conference technical committee. Ensures that workshops at CDA conferences are delivered to the CDA standards.
The position will be retained on an independent contractor basis, with the services being provided to the Canadian Dam Association. While the terms of the contract are to be negotiated upon selection of the candidate, the expectation is that the contractor will:
- Be contracted for the equivalent of a half-time position (approximately 1,000 hours per year).
- Bill on an hourly basis, invoiced monthly.
- Receive reimbursement based on receipted expenses.
- Retain his/her own travel, health and any other relevant insurance coverage.
Compensation will be at market rates for a person with the required skills and experience. Please submit your salary expectations with your application.
Applications should be one document/file (Word or PDF) saved as “Last Name – First Name – CDA PD Manager”. The application should include a letter outlining the experience and education that qualifies you for this position and a resume. Please submit your application via e-mail to email@example.com by February 24, 2020. Applications will be acknowledged.
Detailed Position Description
Please download the detailed position description below if you are interested in learning more about the position and the required skills and qualifications.